What Others Say About Us
Community Bible Church, San Antonio, Texas
(36th Largest U.S. Church in 2011)
“We have partnered with AssessME.org for almost 6 years. AssessME.org has been very useful to help our people better understand how they have been uniquely designed by God. Based upon AssessME data, we have developed a total church volunteer book, as well as a website where people may select from over 80 different volunteer positions. We also have linked our data with Fellowship One™ (ChMS) and are able to give each member who completes the assessments a list of the top five ministries that would best fit their personality and spiritual gifts. To date, we have assessed more than 9,000 people for ministry fit. By using the AssessMe.org selection process we have been able to consistently identify leaders to teach classes each semester. If you are looking for a process to equip your members in one easy format, I would recommend AssessME.org.”
Fair Haven Ministries, One of the Largest RCA Churches
June 6, 2007
To Our Partners in Ministry:
At Fair Haven Ministries, we have been using AssessMe.org for a year now, and it’s been wonderful. As we build an equipping ministry, knowing the combination of Leadership Style, Giftedness, Personality, and Skills is highly valuable. It’s so easy for ministry leaders to search in AssessMe for people whom God has already uniquely designed to fit the areas in which our ministry needs them. It’s true that God provides the people where he leads in ministry – and AssessMe helps to make the connection. The people at AssessMe have also been really helpful to us in working with our church management software and in figuring out how to use their system in our own unique way.
Many of the people in our congregation who have taken the assessments have been encouraged, and have valued them greatly. One couple found confirmation for a call to move their whole family to Texas for a new church plant through some of the information that came back on their assessments. Small Groups have used the assessments to grow deeper in discipleship and service. Ministry Leaders are helping their volunteers to better understand themselves and to help them get involved in areas which are better suited to the way God has uniquely designed them. We have even used the assessments with our youth in an intensive discipleship ministry.
We now use AssessMe.org as a required part of our discipleship process at Fair Haven for new members and new leaders. We have also done a whole church series of sermons that revolved around the uniqueness of each member of the body that God uses to change the world, and we used AssessMe as a key piece of that series. If you haven’t used it, and particularly if you’re still doing data entry or fiddling with endless paper and binders, I suggest trying it out.
Cincinnati Vineyard, 5,000 Member Church
April 29, 2011
David & the AssessME Team,
Thank you for the time, resources and energy you have put into developing the AssessME. It fills a void left open by many of the popular personality assessments and spiritual gifts tests out there. They can be helpful to a degree, but lack an overall picture of a person and how they will function in a ministry setting.
In our use of the AssessME to date, with well over a thousand in our congregation having taken advantage of the tool, the benefits have been three-fold. First, it ties a person’s personality, leadership styles, and gifts into a “real-world” scenario of how this person will function in ministry. Secondly, it provides groundwork for meaningful discipleship conversations, especially during volunteer placement and leadership development scenarios. Thirdly, it is helping us build smarter teams, as we strive to fill each ministry team with a mix of leadership styles that more accurately reflects a holistic, Body of Christ approach.
Again, thank you for the investment you have made to the Kingdom and to our church as you have walked alongside us in the implementation of this valuable resource.
Denominational Client: RCA Church Multiplication Division
July 21, 2009
In my position, a major responsibility is to provide dependable assessments for potential church planters for the Reformed Church in America. This assessment tool has become a standard part of our assessment process for two years now. I have found it to be very effective as it helps to paint a picture of the individual and how God has already been at work in their lives, equipping them for the work He has for them to do. I recommend it all the time! Thanks for your fine work. What a blessing to the church!
Para-Church Leader, Speaker, Author, & Seminary Professor
IN REGARDS TO E-CHURCH ESSENTIALS, LLC – “Ever wonder what it was like to have been on the ground floor with Jeff Bezos of Amazon.com or Pierre Omidyar of eBay.com? Wonder no longer. Join Dave Posthuma of E-Church Essentials and hold on –- the future of the church is forming right before your eyes and under your feet.”
IN REGARDS TO THE BOOK eSHIFT – “I expect this book to stir controversy, but of the best sort: Eye-opening and mind-altering perspectives on what it might mean for the church to embrace the internet today as the primary delivery system for learning and faith development as our Protestant ancestors adopted the book as their primary delivery system in the Reformation Church.”
Leonard Sweet, best-selling author and professor (Drew University, George Fox University), and chief contributor to sermons.com
Para-Church Leader, Speaker, Author, Willow Creek Staff, Crystal Cathedral Staff
IN REGARDS TO E-CHURCH ESSENTIALS, LLC – “Dave Posthuma and E-Church Essentials share my passion to train and inspire leaders to live authentic lives of great impact. Rarely do you meet someone as passionate about the church with the technological genius of Dave. I love how he is helping churches by leading them into the technological future. Pay attention to what he is doing and access his outrageous resource. It will help you as you both grow and organize your church.”
IN REGARDS TO THE BOOK eSHIFT – “The church has been choking for decades on the naive assumption that the world hasn’t changed. eShift provides the necessary Heimlich Maneuver to clear her throat so that the fresh air of life and relevance can return. If you are over 40 this writing will be a wake up call. If you are under 25 you will shout Hallelujah that someone has finally stated things as they truly are. Either way, eShift is a gift to the church. Let’s hope it’s one that is opened and applied, not ignored.”
About Us: Privacy Statement & Service Agreement
E-Church Essentials, LLC, and its subsidiary AssessME.org, are committed to the security of our members’ private information. As a company, we will not re-distribute our members’ private information to any unauthorized third-party. However, the AssessME.org program is designed to facilitate a ministry mobilization relationship between registered individuals and various ministries/organizations that have registered with AssessME.org.
By registering your ministry organization with AssessME.org, your ministry agrees to serve the personal, spiritual and ministerial needs of individuals who freely choose to associate themselves with your ministry. When individuals register with your ministry, they grant your ministry leadership permission to have limited access to their personal information for the exclusive purpose of receiving personal discipleship and ministry mobilization guidance. All Ministries associated with AssessME.org by E-Church Essentials, LLC agree to protect the privacy of their registered members, and to not distribute their personal information outside of the confines of their ministry. If a member under your Ministry’s care believes that your organization has violated this privacy agreement, your ministry organization is expected to address those concerns with the registered individual(s) citing the concerns, and furthermore agrees to hold E-Church Essentials, LLC, AssessME.org, and its representatives legally and civilly blameless.
Client Ministry Obligations:
By registering our church or parachurch organization with AssessME.org by E-Church Essentials, we freely associate our ministry organization with AssessME.org and that our AssessME.org membership is a privilege and not a contractual right. Furthermore, our ministry organization is in agreement with the following biblical positions, and in good faith will not espouse teachings contrary or inconsistent with these positions:
- The Bible is God’s unique revelation to people. It is the inspired, infallible Word of God, and the supreme and final authority on all matters upon which it teaches. No other writings are vested with such divine authority.
- There is only one God, creator of heaven and earth, who exists eternally as three persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, each fully God yet each personally distinct from the other.
- All people are created in God’s image and matter deeply to Him. Central to the message of the Bible is that God loves people, and invites them to live in communion with Himself and in community with each other.
- Apart from Jesus Christ, all people are spiritually lost and, because of sin, deserve the judgment of God. However, God gives salvation and eternal life to anyone who trusts in Jesus Christ and in His sacrifice on his or her behalf. Salvation cannot be earned through personal goodness or human effort. It is a gift that must be received by humble repentance and faith in Christ and His finished work on the cross.
- Jesus Christ, second Person of the Trinity, was born of the Virgin Mary, lived a sinless human life, willingly took upon Himself all of our sins, died and rose again bodily, and is at the right hand of the Father as our advocate and mediator. Some day, He will return to consummate history and to fulfill the eternal plan of God.
- The Holy Spirit, third Person of the Trinity, convicts the world of sin and draws people to Christ. He also indwells all believers. He is available to empower them to lead Christ-like lives, and gives them spiritual gifts with which to serve the church and reach out to a lost and needy world.
- Death seals the eternal destiny of each person. At the final judgment, unbelievers will be separated from God into condemnation. Believers will be received into God’s loving presence and rewarded for their faithfulness to Him in this life.
- All believers are members of the body of Christ, the one true church universal. Spiritual unity is to be expressed among Christians by acceptance and love of one another across ethnic, cultural, socio-economic, national, generational, gender, and denominational lines.
- The local church is a congregation of believers who gather for worship, prayer, instruction, encouragement, mutual accountability, and community with each other. Through it, believers invest time, energy, and resources to fulfill the Great Commission — reaching lost people and growing them into fully devoted followers of Christ.
This statement reflects a contemporary summary of the central doctrines in the Bible, which are also presented in the historic creeds of the Christian church.
We understand that our ministry organization may lose its right to participate in AssessME.org if it consistently advocates theological or doctrinal positions contrary or inconsistent with the above doctrinal statement, uses vulgar language or promotes sexually explicit and/or immoral acts and that such actions shall be judged by the clear standards of the Bible, not by societal norms. I further understand that my ministry organization may also lose my membership privileges if it threatens, harms, or harasses any member of the E-Church Essentials/AssessME.org network. Our ministry organization further agrees that if documented evidence of such behavior exists, and that as a result, our ministry organization should forfeit our membership rights, our ministry organization and its members agree to relinquish any right to financial reimbursement and agree to not hold E-Church Essentials, LLC, AssessME.org, nor its representatives legally or civilly liable.